After a lot of negative feedback in the Fortnite community, regarding the strength of the new SMG meta in Fortnite Battle Royale, Epic have made some much needed changes to balance weapons and building. They have nerfed SMGs and increased the strength of building. See their statement below:
By increasing initial wall health values based on material type, material strength should feel more intuitive when making decisions
- Wood wall initial HP increased from 80 to 90
- Stone wall initial HP increased from 80 to 100
- Metal wall initial HP increased from 80 to 110
Dropping SMG effectiveness – they should feel good against structures, but not consistently be the best option in multiple scenarios.
- Reduced damage from 22/21 to 21/20
- Reduced magazine size from 50 to 40
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
We’ll be keeping a close eye on these changes and will continue to adjust over time. Let us know what you think of the changes!